HP Solution Center Problem

steerstuffer 06:43 16 Jun 09

I have a HP Deskjet F4280 printer. It has worked fine for 6 months. it stopped scanning so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. The solution center did not install. I tried going on the cd and installing solution center there but I get an error code 2732. I can't find much on it or how to fix it. What can I do? PLMK Thanks

howard64 09:32 16 Jun 09

have you tried to use system restore to go back to before you uninstalled? These printers often appear dead when an ink cartridge is considered to be empty.

provider 2 12:39 16 Jun 09

Any help?

click here

shellship 13:01 16 Jun 09

I lost mine for my old HP PSC a while ago and downloaded the latest one from the HP website. Much better solution centre than the original one!

Sea Urchin 14:46 16 Jun 09

Try Solution No 2 from this link as below:

click here

When you get this error message again, insert the installation disk you used for the printer set-up. Then, click on "browse" and go to D:\Setup\SolutionCenter (D: denotes the drive letter of your DVD drive), and you'll find solutioncenter.msi there. Select it, and then click on "OK" ...it should then repair the installation and the issue should be resolved.

steerstuffer 16:10 16 Jun 09

Tried the file solutionsystem.msi but says it can't repair because it isn't installed. I can't install it because that is when I get the error message.

Sea Urchin 17:05 16 Jun 09

I would suggest uninstalling the printer software again - then cleaning the registry with CCleaner - then re-install hopefully successfully.

laurie53 19:58 16 Jun 09

I've had this with a couple of HP devices.

The trouble is that the uninstall leaves enough garbage behind to negate the reinstall.

You need to do something called an L3 uninstall which is simply finding a file in File Explorer and opening it.

I think I found the procedure on the HP forums, but afraid I can't remember an actual link.

Have a search of the HP forums, not necessarily looking only under your model number, because this fault is fairly common with HP products.

laurie53 20:01 16 Jun 09

PS Just Googled "L3 uninstall."

There's enough there to give you a start..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…