HP software

highside 19:54 05 Sep 09

Had some non associated problems after which my HP D2300 printer would not work, I have managed to reinstal the basic driver but cannot find how to reinstal the full software for the printer.
(HP customer care refused to help because I live in Malta despite the fact it was bought completely legitimatly through an HP dealer and was registered with HP from new, OK it is now about 17 months old but I was only asking for basic advice)
Anyone been through this installation before.
Thanks for looking.

laurie53 20:02 05 Sep 09

Notoriously difficult to uninsatll/ reinstall.

You need to do an L3 uninstall, and reinstall from scratch.

The normal HP/control panel/commercial uninstallers will leave too much behind.

Google L3 uninstall and go from there - it's not difficult, you just need to find the necessary exe file which HP buries deep in the entrails of the system.

Google responses will help you find it.

hssutton 21:15 05 Sep 09

Very interesting as I've just been around to a friend who has exactly the same problem. I tried all the methods described on the HP site, all to no avail.

Will do as you say and google L3 uninstall

highside 10:04 06 Sep 09

Thanks will try that and hopefully rid myself of everything HP and get back to CANON.
What a co- wont tell you how to reinstal the software for their device and wont let you remove it either.
I hate this idea that everyone should be a computer registry just expert to get something working which was bought in good faith by a PC user & not as a programmer.

highside 19:08 06 Sep 09

hssutton
Did you try laurie53s suggestion?
I know Im being stupid but just cant get it, if you tried it can you please tell me in very mickey mouse language what L3 is and how to use it. (Cant use printer disc as it is for XP not Vista)
Thanks

hssutton 19:15 06 Sep 09

Not tried anything as yet, the PC with the problem is round at a friends and it will probably a few days before I visit again.

I left the printer running ok as I finished up just installing the drivers which loaded without problem.

I will have to swot up a little on this L3 unistall as I'm not all that clued up :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…