Hp Scanner detected as unknown device?

night 16:11 14 Aug 03

I am told by Hewlett Packard that my scanner is detected as an unknown device, but they say as I have a Universal Serial Bus Controller 82801 AA I need to force the USB Host Controller driver to use a different driver which will allow the scanner to be detected and instal properly,I have gone to Device Manager and Update device Wizard and am trying to "Display" the list of all the drivers so I can select the driver I want being 82801 AB, But I cant get the list up, can anyone help me as to how to get the list of drivers up please ?

hugh-265156 16:27 14 Aug 03

in device manage click on the scanner or device properties then update driver/from specific location/dont search i will choose/

then select the driver from compatable list or untick"show compatable hardware" and choose from the full list of drivers.

woodchip 16:35 14 Aug 03

You are probably using the windows driver, not the supplied driver on the CD. To over come this you need to follow these steps closely. First remove the Hp Scanner USB plug from the Hp Scanner, go to Add Remove programs and remove the Hp Scanner and software. If you do not have any other Hp products go to start find files type Hp Scanner and remove all Hp Scanner files that it finds. Now right click on My-Computer Properties Device Manager remove each USB that you can see starting from the bottom of the list click the plus sign to expand when you have removed, restart your computer let windows reconfigure the USB do not try to load Hp Scanner or plug it in at this point. When all USB have been loaded plug the printer in, the Hardware Wizard will prompt you for the Win disc at this point cancel the box, Then put the Hp Scanner CD in the computer and it should auto start, load the Hp Scanner and software from the CD and it should then work.

woodchip 16:45 15 Aug 03

Where it say's printer it should be scanner

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…