Hp Scanner

aitch2 09:22 20 Sep 06

I have a HP 3970 Scanner about 18 months/2 years old but only used infrequently. I now have a problem whereby I cannot scan into a programme eg MS Word. I can scan direct to printer etc.I'm told I have an internal error problem, so downloaded the repair patch from HP but the problem persits. All connections good, have uninstalled and re-installed the scanner and associated programs. Have defragged and checked that I have no conflicts. All Ok. Running WinXP SP2,Norton 2006 AV, with plenty of memory and space on hard drive. Scanner last used about 2 weeks ago and no problems and no major alterations carried out. Any help or info much appreciated,
Thanks, Aitch2

Grantrh 10:19 20 Sep 06

This sis a bit of a guess on my part but you could try checking that the system files in windows are ok by clicking start - run and then typing sfc /scannow

This should check your system files - you may need your windows xp disk to hand.
Then reboot and have another go.

aitch2 10:55 20 Sep 06

Thanks for that I'll give it a try. I've aslo ensured that my HP software updates are all ok and up to date.
Aitch2

Gongoozler 11:19 20 Sep 06

Sometimes when it appears that you can't scan into a program, what has really happened is that the scanner window is hidden by the application. Have a look at the tasks on the taskbar and see if the HP program is there. If it is, click it to see if the scanner window appears.

I was asked to look at a computer recently and this was the problem - and that was with an HP pscanner.

aitch2 12:41 20 Sep 06

I haven't had that problem. I've just done another complete un-installl and re-install as well as following the solutions offered by the HP website.After all this I can scan to printer but not to MS word or any other programme that I choose. All the settings are as they should be so I'm still clutching at straws to effect a resolve to this. Thanks again
Aitch2

Gongoozler 12:45 20 Sep 06

Are you trying to insert a scanned image into Word, or is it an OCR program that you're trying to write into a Word document?

aitch2 13:24 20 Sep 06

I have been trying to scan a document into MS Word and have used Readiris, Adobe and Acrobat.
normally it scans through the HPP programme without any difficulty or problems., and have checked the set-up configuration and that is OK. I'm just about on the point of emailing HP support as i cannot seem to find anything else.
Aitch2

Gongoozler 14:22 20 Sep 06

If the problem is with scanning the document into Word, then the scanner is actually interfacing with the OCR software (Readiris) which in turn interfaces with Word, so I think you should be directing your attention to Readiris.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…