HP Scanjet 5p

Dumble452 10:51 17 May 04

This scanner is now old but still works on my old machine. I cannot transfer it to my new computer since it requires an ISA card to operate and I doubt if I could get both a PCI card and drivers to make it work with XP. I had enough trouble getting it to work with Windows 98.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced replacement?

AndySD 11:22 17 May 04

I got my stepfather the CanoScan LiDE 20
a month ago and he is pleased with it its simple and good scans...but I notice the Canonscan Lide 50 click here is only £54

spuds 11:24 17 May 04

Depend on your budget.PC World have a very good display selection, so perhaps a visit there may not go amiss. I have the old HP ScanJet 5100C,which I have just put into retirement.This is now replaced by a Umax AstroSlim SE.Good scanner, which covers a range of services, and above all cheap.As the title suggests, 'Slim', and that's what it is compared to the old HP.

vinnyT 14:32 17 May 04

Hi Dumble452, I've got the same scanner, when I upgraded my mobo (year back) there was no isa slot so I had to buy a pci scsi card to make it work. I got the adaptec 2904(pci-to-fast scsi host adapter) and it works just fine. However, this card (according to website) does NOT work with WinXP, so make sure if you buy a scsi card it is compatable with your OS (most newer ones are these days). Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…