HP Scanjet 3570C - Image Quality problems

joberons 14:01 06 Dec 03

Hi,

I have a good PC i.e. AMD 2600, 1024MB RAM, 128Mb Nvidia Geforce FX5200 graphics card (for which I have downloaded the driver update) and am using the above scanner. I am using Windows XP.

Previously, if necessary, I have used the scanner to copy old photos and A4 documents. Now I have ordered some film photo's and want to copy them onto my hard drive in case of damage. However, I am having real problems obtaining good quality scans. They are grainy at best even at 200 dpi (I started at 600) even when saving as a .jpeg file.

I am only just beginning to mess with the more complicated aspects of graphic management and am not the most graphically gifted person in the world and don't really know what to do to improve these scanned images. Even when I reduce their saved size to 5x7", the quality is not acceptable.

My scanner is not an extremely low spec one, so I don't know where the problem lies or what to do about it. My scanner is really slow at scanning these images., even the smallest one I have which is only slightly larger than the 5x7 photo's I have normally scanned (even when using 200dpi settings). With a larger image, it just seems to hang at the end (after physically scanning it) and eventually produces a terrible image on screen.

I would appreciate any advice at all.

joberons 14:03 06 Dec 03

In case of confusion.., by film photo's I mean photo's of movie characters that are perfectly clear as far as I can see. None of them have scanned very well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…