HP Scanjet 3500c buttons don't work

simonabsalom 21:41 04 May 03

just bought this scanner and everything works fine apart from the 'one touch' buttons on the scanner itself. they just don't do anything whe you press them. i can scan when opening the software and doing it the normal way.

I am using win xp by the way.

Any ideas anyone?

crx1600 21:59 04 May 03

if you go into your scanner properties,you may be able to select the actions for each button.

control panel\scanners and cameras, right-click on your scanner and choose properties.(winME)

simonabsalom 22:31 04 May 03

Checked propertied in scanners/cameras and the button asr assigned correctly to either open email client or launch the scanning software, they just don't do it. I get a really quick egg timer when i press any of them as if it's trying to launch something, but nothing happens.

crx1600 22:42 04 May 03

have you checked you have the latest(XP)driver click here

HawkeyePierce 22:55 04 May 03

Bought the same scanner today myself. No problems at all with the buttons, using the driver that came in the box (XP Pro)

simonabsalom 09:18 09 May 03

I think the scanner is fine and the driver. It seems to me it's more likely to be a setting or something on my pc that's stopping the buttons from working. Like I said the scanner works fine if using the software it's just the 'one touch' buttons on the front that aren't working.

any other things i can check on my pc????

AndyJ 09:45 09 May 03

This is from the manual..it may help

If the scanner stops scanning or the buttons no longer work as they should, a software conflict might exist on your computer. You might need to reinstall the HP Photo & Imaging software. To do this, run the Repair utility (Windows computers only).
a. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel (in Windows XP, click Start, and then click Control Panel).
b. Click Add/Remove Programs, and then select the HP Photo & Imaging software.
c. Click Change (or Add/Remove, depending on your version of Windows).
d. Follow the instructions on the computer screen, and then click Repair.
• If this does not work, install the scanner on another computer. This will help determine if the problem is related to the first computer or to the scanner.
• If the scanner still does not work, contact HP Customer Support.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…