HP Scanjet 3400C to Outlook Express

GMD 15:33 19 Sep 09

I've always been able to scan anything direct to OE. Suddenly a message appears "Unable to load mail system support". I've tried scanning to a file (with the idea of attaching that to an email) but the same message appears.
I always regularly download updates so have tried System Restore going back some time but the same message appears.
Please can anyone help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:37 19 Sep 09

click here

click here;en-us;223457

Sea Urchin 16:08 19 Sep 09

Fruit Bat /\O/\'s second link again (I hope)

click here

Sea Urchin 10:54 20 Sep 09

<< My default mail handler is Outlook Express 6, my default browser Mozilla Firefox3.5.2 (but I also have Internet Explorer Version 8 installed.) My scanner is HP Scanjet 3400C. I have never had any trouble in the past scanning direct into OE or into a file. Now a message appears saying "unable to load mail system support". I thought it might be because of recent automatic updates but I tried System Restore giving a date before the trouble and that didn't help either. >>

Please post on to the forum so that everybody can follow the thread.

Have you followed Fruit Bat/\0/\'s links above?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…