hp scanjet 3400

conrail 17:34 25 Aug 05

using xp pro with scanjet 3400c, scanner is out of warranty. scanner is not recognised, I have reinstalled the software and the latest downloads. it is shown under the scanners + cameras option in control panel but under properties it is showing as unavailable, it did this once before and a full reinstall restored it. there is power to the scanner as the light is on but for some reason the pc wont connect the software to the scanner, it is plugged into a usb2 port and I have a program called usb control, it is shown there as installed and working properly, any ideas please.

jack 20:41 25 Aug 05

Not very much in touch with HP scanner models and you did say that you have has it running.
In whch case try a full reinstall of software for the scanner again
The check out latest drivers from the HP website.

One point -scanners made during the Win98 era, did not in the main transfer too well to XP.
This is bacuse in addition to the driver issue, scanners have built in hardware to runn scannng/tracking/ lamp and the like- and if the circuit was made for 98[DOS] thay would not recognise NTFS[XP] commands - So if it is an old 'un
it may be time for a new'un

jack 20:42 25 Aug 05

Not very much in touch with HP scanner models and you did say that you have has it running.
In whch case try a full reinstall of software for the scanner again
The check out latest drivers from the HP website.

One point -scanners made during the Win98 era, did not in the main transfer too well to XP.
This is bacuse in addition to the driver issue, scanners have built in hardware to runn scannng/tracking/ lamp and the like- and if the circuit was made for 98[DOS] thay would not recognise NTFS[XP] commands - So if it is an old 'un
it may be time for a new'un

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:26 25 Aug 05

Uninstall all the HP software (precison scan) not just the drivers and reinstall

conrail 21:10 26 Aug 05

have uninstalled and reinstalled, then downloaded latest updates from HP still nothing

conrail 21:14 26 Aug 05

just switched off my pc when my wifwe wanted some work printing out, tried the scanner out of curiosity and lo and behold, it has started working so thanks to all who helped

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…