HP scanjet 3300C with Windows XP

loopyloo 17:10 28 Jan 03

I am trying to install my scanner Scanjet 3300C on my new computer running Windows XP without success. The program installs but when I come to open it to use nothing happens. I have downloaded the correct driver for windows Xp and even tried to install it on another computer with XP installed but still it won't work. My scanner worked perfectly alright before when I was using it with Windows ME. I have been e-mailing HP for advise but all they said was to make sure I had downloaded the correct driver and that was that. I think it is disgraceful if I have to buy another scanner when this one isn't yet 2years old.
Has anyone had the same experience and could you help me if they had.

Elrond 17:16 28 Jan 03

Did you d/l the big 54.12 MB update or the 668KB. When I upgraded to XP with same scanner. I used the smaller file and everything has been fine. Haven't bothered with the bigger one

loopyloo 17:22 28 Jan 03

I downloaded the 54.12MB driver

Elrond 17:27 28 Jan 03

Did you uninstall the old precision LT softwar before installing the new file?

loopyloo 18:10 28 Jan 03

I have tried both ways.

Elrond 18:12 28 Jan 03

Not sure what to suggest. Technically if you've downloaded the latest version that supports XP then it shud be working. I'd try HP again and make it clear you've downloaded all the latest drivers an software as detailed on their website

jazzypop 18:20 28 Jan 03

Is it connected via the parallel or USB port? If it is the parallel port, first check that the Parallel Port settings in your BIOS are set to the correct mode.

Your manual will tell you which mode to set (they are downloadable from HP if you have lost it), but typically you will need to set it to EPP, not ECP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…