HP Scanjet 3010 - long warm-up time

AlanHo 19:13 23 Oct 07

I have an HP Scanjet 3010 connected to my Vista computer which works fine - except for excessive warm-up time.

The scan speed is quite quick - takes only about 15 seconds to scan an A4 image - but it takes ages to warm up.

When I place an original under the lid and press the scan button - it sits there for 3.5 minutes with the occasional buzz and twitch - before it does the preview scan. I then press the "accept" button and it sits there for about a minute before taking the actual 15 second scan.

If I then put another original under the lid immediately, it sits there for only a few seconds before setting off for the preview scan - but still takes about 30 seconds after accepting the preview before taking the final scan. If I wait for more than a minute or so between originals - I am back to the 3 minute warm-up all over again.

Is this normal ?. My previous HP scanner only took about a minute to warm up (but was slower to do the actual scan of the document).

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:31 23 Oct 07

My 5200 is aso slow to warm up on the first scan.

AlanHo 09:36 24 Oct 07

I have solved the problem

After some fiddling around in the menu structure I found a tick box to "Extend Lamp Timeout"

The result is after not using the scanner for 30 minutes (virtually a cold start) the warm up time has been drastically reduced. It is now seconds rather than minutes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…