HP and refilled cartridge

liblob 06:15 13 Mar 03

Not a question but information re current discussions on refilled/compatible cartidges.
Have HP deskjet 940c. Yesterday black cartridge ran out and I decided to take it to local Cartridge World to be refilled. Efficient operation, refilled and tested for £13.
Installed it into the printer and get message "hp deskjet 940c series. Incompatible Black Print Cartridge. The black print cartridge is incompatible with this device. Install and hp print cartridge made to your device" Several removals and reinsertions produced same result. Installed hp cartridge I had in reserve.
Cartridge World phoned then revisited and they offered money back or another refilled cartridge.
I took the refilled (thinking the printer might just "recognise" this strange cartridge as a new one) but havn't tried it yet. At hp prices I might be better buying another brand of printer with cheaper running costs.

slightlymad 12:17 13 Mar 03

My printer is an 840C and I've tried various compatibles, but it won't have any of it. I was recently told by one cartridge supplier that some models of HP simply won't accept compatibles, and it looks like this is the case with my printer and yours. I've also tried refilling, with the same result. Yes, it's maddening, liblob - I wouldn't have opted for the HP had I known that I would be restricted to their own exorbitantly priced cartridges.

TBH1 13:10 13 Mar 03

I use an old HP690 and have used cloned cartridges for ages with no problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…