HP Recovery manager

mark3986 20:22 11 Jun 10

hi ive got vista ultimate 32bit on my laptop and im trying install hp recovery manager onto it and it wont install it says this installer can not be installed on this system installation will now abort.help please

mark3986 20:23 11 Jun 10

click here& thats my laptop

T I M B O 20:38 11 Jun 10

When you purchase any new pc nowadays, it come pre-installed with windows. Apart as being pre-installed, it also has what's called a hidden partition on most makes of computers. What you need to do is burn that copy of ur operating system to 2 x dvd's or approx 7 cd's.

If at any time you need to do a clean install of windows for whatever reason or the hard drive fails, you then have the cd to fall back on.

So i am somewhat confused when ur trying to install the HP Recover manager when it should already be there.

mark3986 20:44 11 Jun 10

i did a clean install of windows 7 but i dont like it so i installed vista ultimate on it and brought the recovery disks from hp but they dont do nothing think i need the recovery manager for them to work

woodchip 20:52 11 Jun 10

When you buy a HP it gives the Option to Create a Backup to the Hard Drive or DVD backups. You can get at this by tapping F11 as PC is starting. I have a HP one was created to the Hard Drive in a Recovery Partition

mark3986 20:54 11 Jun 10

when i tap F11 it just starts my windows up

woodchip 20:59 11 Jun 10

As PC is starting up it should say tap F11 for backup and F10 for BIOS setup

woodchip 21:00 11 Jun 10

It will go strait to windows if a Backup as not been created when New

T I M B O 21:03 11 Jun 10

What i think has happened here is, then when he tried win 7 he blew away the recovery partition of vista. But it's worth trying for sure.

mark3986 21:12 11 Jun 10

wot can i do now

woodchip 21:14 11 Jun 10

not a lot other than buy a vista os disc and key click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple