HP recovery disc problem please help

andythecolony 19:59 17 Aug 09

HP Pavilion Media Center a1609.uk Desktop PC is my pc, I have damaged one of the two recovery disks and it will not work, the other has many scratches in it and only works after trying it three times cleaning it each time (steamed it with boiling water lats time) have tried to do more but computer says can not, wondered if anyone can help as I am disabled and a wheelchair user and the internet is my main way of connecting to the world without being judged for being disabled and as I can not work I am unable to afford to buy new discs. I have all service packs on here and have no problem going to any site that would prove system is genuine, have the product key etc and as say get first disc to work. have tried the hidden options on the control backspace etc but that only helped me reboot last time not sure what would happen if both discs failed me.

my downfall is i play onling games and think it is when playing them that i get attacked but for me they are a way to escape this real world for an hour. please help

woodchip 20:14 17 Aug 09

If you can get into Windows in Safe Mode you may be able to go back a bit using System Restore. Tap F5 as computer is starting

Grey Goo 20:18 17 Aug 09

Should be able to make new ones
click here

andythecolony 20:25 17 Aug 09

can get to please insert disc 2 but it is broken so can not get any further as it is snapped and chipped around the break in the disc

andythecolony 20:30 17 Aug 09

Grey Goo thanks for trying but as stated already made one set, the ones that one is damaged to put it politely and as it says on hp site link you sent me to "The Creator program permits only one complete set of CDs to be created." but as i do not need a complete set just the second cd maybe there is a way i can do this.

cream. 22:21 17 Aug 09

with media centre on should work.

I have installed it on quite a few machine were the disks are either damaged or not brought in. You can use them and then put in your product key.

See if you can borrow some?

Grey Goo 19:56 18 Aug 09

Have you still got the recovery partition on the computer so you can press F10 or F11 at bootup as it says in the blurb. Not sure what your control backspace did. I assumed the discs came with the machine and were not created from the HDD.

woodchip 21:06 18 Aug 09

F11 is for recovery on a HP, F10 is for BIOS

Woolwell 21:29 18 Aug 09

Why are you trying to use the discs? Do I gather that you have had a virus? What anti-virus/firewall do you run?

woodchip 21:34 18 Aug 09

F11 Recovery works in one of two ways, When the Computer is first used you have the option of creating a Backup either on DVD or as a File on another Partition the CD's he as are no good as he as Damaged them so is only option is if someboady created a backup that F11 can use

kimosabi 20:59 27 Aug 10

Hi Guys
This is the only place I get simple help
this is the problem,my recovery partition is damaged
so I cant do a recovery to factory condition
I creaated the recovery discs which I have
when I run them I get a menu which states

1)Remove system recovery partition
2)Create a new data partition
3)Run mirosoft recovery console
4)start system recovery from the recovery partition

No 4 I can't do because the partition is damaged and don't do anything
No3 don't help me at all
So what I am asking has anyone used these discs and what options do I use

My computer is HP Pavillion 1170 xp media centre
I am sorry if I have not made myself clear
But your help would be appriciated
regards
kimo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5