HP PSC1210 Newer Driver already Installed??

BigAl127 14:19 21 Nov 09

I'm trying to install an HP PSC 1210 All in one Printer on my laptop.

I have the installation cd, but when I run it, it gets to around 27% then displays a message saying that a newer version of the software is already installed. Plug in your printer and let it install.

However, the newer version (wherever it's hidden) doesn't install and no printer shows in printers and faxes.

Anyone know a solution round this problem??

BRYNIT 14:45 21 Nov 09

You could try the HP website click here

BigAl127 15:41 21 Nov 09

I've tried the HP site, and tried several of their solutions, but unfortunately, none of them have worked.

I can only assume there's a reference somewhere on the laptop, to this supposedly "More recent version of software" that's stops the cd version from running. Maybe it's something in the registry, I just don't know.

I've downloaded the latest version of the software from the HP site, and that's giving me the same message.

I've tried do a system restore and even after that, I'm still getting the same problem.

Any further ideas appreciated.

BigAl127 15:45 21 Nov 09

Hewlett-Packard All in One

A more recent version of software for this product is already installed on your computer.
Simply connect the deviceto your computer and the software will automatically recognize the device.

Yes the computer recognises the device, but just won't install it properly i.e. no device shows in printer/faxes or anywhere else.

Technotiger 15:58 21 Nov 09

Have you tried doing a Search for it via Start>Search - All files and folders .....

BigAl127 16:15 21 Nov 09

I've searched HP, Hewlett Packard and the model number, and deleted everything that i'm certain was related to the printer........

but searching HP it finds almost 1000 files, all of which i'm not sure whether they are printer related as every file that has "HP" in it shows up e.g. jvm.hprof.txt (which is a java text file)

Technotiger 16:23 21 Nov 09

If the only Hewlett-Packard item you have is the Printer which you are trying to install, I would suggest that it is safe to delete all 1000 HP files.

Then try the install again.

If, however you do have any other HP products, not such a good idea!!

Technotiger 16:34 21 Nov 09

Another possible way to 'find' the elusive HP Driver is to Install click here

then use Revo's Search facility. It often finds other entries that lesser facilities miss.

BigAl127 18:18 21 Nov 09

I installed Revo, and it did in fact find other HP entries that referred to the printer, which I have now deleted.

Re-ran Revo, and nothing else for HP comes up, however, I'm still getting the message saying there's a "More recent version of the software"

Someone please help before I go completely crazy or bald.

Technotiger 20:01 21 Nov 09

Is this printer the only HP product on the PC?

BigAl127 20:09 21 Nov 09

Yes it is, and all references to anything hp have been deleted.

I've run Revo twice and found an HP scrubber program which i've run and still the same message.

Out of curiosity and desperation, i've tried installing it on a desktop pc, and it did it without any problems. So it's definitely finding something on the laptop. I even used the same USB cable, not that I ever thought that was the problem, it was just for my own peace of mind.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…