HP PSC 2355 paper jam puzzle...

NinkyRudes 22:30 20 May 07

Hello all, I'm having an interesting problem with a second-hand HP PSC (Printer/Scanner/Copier) 2355. The printer worked fine during the first 15 months of its working life. However, all of a sudden it is generating paper jam after paper jam. Not screwed up, noisy, obvious paper jams, but it just picks up the paper as normal, then cycles it so that about 40% of the page is back out of the printer. At which point the printer complains: "Paper jam: Press OK to continue."

On pressing OK, it cycles the paper all the way out and repeats the feat with the next sheet. I have tried it with single sheets, I have cleaned all visible rollers with alcohol, I have reseted the cartridges and power-cycled the printer numerous times.

I have also visited HP's support site for the printer, as well as having had a good trawl through a number of other forums. But I find myself returning to PC Advisor as I have found it to be most useful in the past.

Does anyone know of any further options I may have or is it time to consign this silver beast to the skip and accept the fact that I have to buy a replacement? Annoying though it would be, as I print about 5-10 pages per week.

Thanks in advance...

Totally-braindead 22:34 20 May 07

Try looking inside at the moving parts to see if theres not a tiny bit of paper jammed in any of the moving parts.
Only suggestion I can think of but I'm sure the other will come up with something better.

skidzy 23:15 20 May 07

I had a similar problem a couple of years ago,i believe one of the rollers where out of line...though i binned the thing in the end.

Try uninstalling the software and cleanup with ccleaner click here reboot and reinstall the software.Just an idea im afraid.

NinkyRudes 11:52 21 May 07

Thanks guys.

I've given up and ordered a Canon Pixma IP4300 instead.

I tried all I could think of, but the problem seems to have gotten worse - it's now picking up 3-5 sheets at a time and still reporting a jam even though the paper is flowing freely through.

I will continue to tinker and will post a resolution if I find one, but I fear it will be condemned.

Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…