HP psc 210 printing on glossy paper...

nick_j007 23:24 09 Jul 07

Hello all,

Perhaps someone could offer some advice please?

I am wishing to print a newsletter on an HP psc2110 printer. The printer is fine, but I have bought some nice looking paper that I need to sort out which printer settings are best to lay the ink down with.

The paper I have may not be right quite simply, but it is 135g/m2 and says for digital colour laser systems. It is glossy.
I used 'best' setting on normal paper on the printer options, but it laid down too much ink and smeared as the sheets were passed through to print the second side. I need to allow drying time between passes clearly.

Might it be ok if I chose a lesser quality setting and/or used a glossy photo paper setting too?

I'm reluctant to use too much paper and ink in finding the best result you see :-)

Thanks as always.

Nick

€dstowe 06:24 10 Jul 07

Unless specially made for double sided printing, most glossy paper is for printing one side only.

If it is "one side glossy" you could try printing the non-glossy side first.

Is 135g glossy paper entirely suitable for printing a newsletter, though?

Technotiger 08:04 10 Jul 07

I would advise using Photo Paper 102gm, and printer settings as per photo printing.

Technotiger 08:06 10 Jul 07

PS - as €dstowe says though, photo paper is for printing one side only.

nick_j007 11:01 10 Jul 07

Thank you...

The paper is double sided and would ideally remain so for ease of reading. 135 feels nice without being too heavey or indeed flimsy.

I think then I shall try the glossy photo paper option and see how that sits on there.

Nick

pj123 11:54 10 Jul 07

I may be wrong, but just a suggestion.

If the paper you have is for colour laser systems, I don't think it won't work in an inkjet printer.

The ink wouldn't dry quickly enough. Laser printers work on heat so the ink is laid down differently.

You would need "Instant Dry" glossy for inkjets. I get mine from Choice Stationery.

click here

pj123 11:57 10 Jul 07

Sorry should be "I don't think it will work in an inkjet printer"

nick_j007 14:55 10 Jul 07

Hi again. Ok, think I got this sorted now.

You're right, and of course the paper is not correct, it bleeds and smears a lot regardless of the setting I use.

Been back to Staples and have found some superior paper 180 Glossy from HP; double sided too so it is printing as I type and it looks really quite nice!

HP paper in the HP printer always looks good imho and I feel it pays to stick with the brands (at least you don't have experimenting costs!)

Thanks all. Resolved.

Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…