HP PSC 1610 - Paper feed problem?

Tonycablejr 21:27 06 Aug 07

hi all

not sure if your going to be able to help, but i thought i would take a stab in the dark and see what people say.

basically my HP PSC 1610 all of a sudden has started to develop a paper feed problem. the printer picks up
the paper, but doesn't print, sends it about half way through the print cycle then stops with a paper jam error. have cleaned the rollers but making no diffence. not sure what else to try if there is anything i can
try.
it doesn't try to print, and there are no obstructions as if i press ok it kicks the rest of the paper out and picks up another bit.
it doesn't attempt to print, and i have checked the cartridges.
i have reset the machine (by pressing setup and ok on power up i think it was) and it keeps trying to align the cartriadges, but as it keeps failing to 'print' it has not managed to do it.
the unit is about 15 months old.
is there anything i can do to check or try?
if you need more information then let me know, and i can post pictures if it helps.

Thanks

Newuser939 10:10 07 Aug 07

It's just possible that it is a software problem rather than hardware, so it might be worth uninstalling and reinstalling the printer making sure that you have the latest printers from the HP web site.

Brick2 11:34 25 Aug 08

I have a PSC 1610 and have exactly the same problem. Was this issue ever resolved?

jack 11:55 25 Aug 08

Paper feed - real - that is roller wear- the convoluted paper path in HP printers can be trouble some.
So- roughen up the paper grip rollers
Make sure the paper trays and properly seated
a slight knock will put the fitting askew.

Software uninstall and dig out the CD and reinstall the driver.

Also click here
is a good site for indepth printer help
go to the forums sections

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017