hp psc 1410 printer

P4ULT 14:12 05 Jan 10

hi does anyone know how long the cartridges should be lasting on this printer as mine seem to have a very short lifespan.

woodchip 14:15 05 Jan 10

its like saying how long is a piece of string, the carts in the printer when you first buy it are not full carts, they are mainly test carts, to see that printer works okay

P4ULT 14:28 05 Jan 10

i seem to get about 30 prints from it invoices mainly

woodchip 14:44 05 Jan 10

You would be better doing as I did for Invoices, buy a cheap Mono Laser I got a Samsung years ago. its had one Toner Cart in since I bought it about four years ago

P4ULT 15:16 05 Jan 10

ok mate cheers are these type of printers known to use ink rapidly

DieSse 16:48 05 Jan 10

You should get many more than 30 invoices.

Are you printing in high quality - that uses much more ink - try printing in draft quality, HP printers do that very well - and it's much quicker too.

I have a (different) HP all-in-one, and I can also set it to print black with the black cartridge only - otherwise regular black printing uses some from the colour cartridge too (your model may be different.)

I print out two crosswords every day, and sundry other prints, and my black cartridges last months.

Can you get different cartridges with different amounts of ink in them - the larger capacity ones work out less expensive.

P4ULT 16:49 05 Jan 10

how do you set it to print draft quality i need it to print colour as well but it the black that is causing the problem. where is the best place to get ink and are hp cartridges the best.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…