HP psc 1210 all-in-one - scanner problem

o44wen 19:17 18 Sep 05

Hi folks,

my aunt has a problem with her PC, she lost her original drivers for the above printer/copier/scanner.

She had to change her hard drive so i got her the drivers from the internet and installed. However no the scanner doesnot seem to be recognised! I dont understand what is wrong and was hoping some people on her might be able to shed some light on the problem.

It prints perfect and copies perfect but just when i go to acquire the scanner to scan a picture/printed page it says "scanner not found"

Graham ® 19:27 18 Sep 05

Did you get the drivers from click here?

woodchip 19:36 18 Sep 05

If this is a USB device Uninstall it in Device Manager It may show as yellow icon also uninstall all USB in the above unplug scanner, and restart computer. If the file you downloaded as a setup file in it or it's a .exe file double click it after computer restarts and as finished loading USB etc. you can then plug the scanner in but it may ask again for Drivers in that case point it to the files you loaded

Graham ® 20:16 18 Sep 05

As in woodchip above, uninstall the software and drivers, unplug the USB connection, restart the PC.

It's important not to connect the USB lead until the software has been installed.

o44wen 00:51 19 Sep 05

thanks for the suggestions.

I already done all of the above except for unplugging the usb lead. I will get her to unplug the lead to see if it works ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…