HP PSC 1205 & Office 2003 problem

interzone55 19:08 06 Dec 03

I'm running an HP PSC 1205 on XP Pro, I've had very little trouble with it until yesterday when I installed Office 2003 Enterprise Version.
Now I have a very weird problem...

If I print out a spreadsheet from Excel and I have a box round a cell, any black text and the box gain a shadow, this only happens with black text, not coloured text, and it doesn't happen if I print to my laser printer.

Anyone else have this problem, I can find no mention of it in the Microsoft Knowledgebase or at HPs site.

LeadingMNMs 16:28 08 Dec 03

Sounds more like a problem with the printer driver than the software since you can print to another printer without problems. I can only suggest that you try an find an updated driver on the manufacturers website.

interzone55 17:55 13 Dec 03

But why would this happen after I install Office 2003?

The driver I'm using is rubbish, but various problems (like the PC it's installed on not being connected to t'internet being the main one, another being that the driver update is a little on the large side, 140Mb)) mean that updating the driver is a little difficult.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…