HP printing problem on 4x6 foto paper

PCA reader 14:16 27 Mar 09

Hi,

Despite amending the setting in HP print programme to say borderless without tab and changing setting to other photo paper (I'm using Costco Kirkland's 4x6 glossy)the printed 4x6 image is shifted to the left by about 1/4inch. This means not only do I have a 1/4inch white strip down the RHS of the photo but I lose 1/4 from the LHS.

I've tried resizing the image according to advice on the HP site but this doesn't fix the problem.
I've also tried printing from Nerophoto but same problem.

Anyone any ideas please as this is driving me nuts.

Many thanks,

John

kindly 14:28 27 Mar 09

just a thought, when you say "set the HP print program" is that the printer setting or is the printer a different make. If the printer is different then you would have to go to the properties setting before printing to set it there.
Is the paper tray set over to the correct side. Are you printing in the correct format..Landscape or Portrait.

Sea Urchin 14:32 27 Mar 09

I use the Microsoft's own Office Picture Manager for printing my 4x6's and it always works perfectly using the wizard. I click Printing Preferences on the Print Options page and go from there.

PCA reader 14:51 27 Mar 09

Kindly - I am using an HP c4580 printer and the 'HP print program' I refer to is the one which comes on the cd. Think it's called HP Essentials.
Urchin - I'll try that and keep fingers crossed.

It is almost as though 1/4 blank on the RHS is meant to be for a tab. I know HP produce 4x6 foto paper with a tab on for ease of handling but the tab/blank I get is on the trailing edge of the picture and the whole picture is offset/shifted left by an equivalent amount.

John

Sea Urchin 14:55 27 Mar 09

When I print as described it gives me a choice of 4x6 or 4x6 (tab) and same for borderless

kindly 15:32 27 Mar 09

The 6x4 tab is the paper with a strip you can tear off. dont use that one if you want full page printing.

Sea Urchin 15:49 27 Mar 09

PCA Reader is using borderless WITHOUT tab

^wave^ 16:41 27 Mar 09

i have a hp8250 and used to get the tab too it went away when i used hp paper try measuring the paper size i wish had when i had the problem

PCA reader 20:10 27 Mar 09

Thanks guys.
Indeed I do select borderless without tab.
Tried straightforward print using the XP Photo printing wizard but same result.

I'll buy some 4x6 HP paper and try that. If no better then I'll dl the drivers from the HP site with the 2 recent patches - all 130mb of it!! - and replace the drivers etc which came on the cd.

Not closing this one yet so if you guys have nay other thoughts then much appreciate hearing them.

Cheers,
john

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos