HP printer/scanner insists on printing activity

jack 11:04 10 Oct 10

Report with every job.
My daughter had a HP PSC1317 Allinone giver her- because it 'acting up'for the owner.
She in turn passed it me and I got it going- except for the fact it would print an 'Activity' report sheet after every computer generated job.
I scanned and printed off line just fine.
She being a teasher which entails a lot of 'Home work' of reports and the like and because she is a sort of enviromentally conscious sort of lady- got fed up with the waste of paper and ink- she concluded that this was part of the machines 'krankinesas' and decided to get new.
Her new machine is also an HP- don't know the model- but it too insists on printing an activity report after each run.
How can it be stopped from doing this?

northumbria61 14:18 10 Oct 10

"Her new machine is also an HP- don't know the model- but it too insists on printing an activity report after each run".

As this is a new machine I would suggest you contact HP Customer Support or look through the "troubleshooting information"

It is something within the printer software but I am not sure at this current time how you would turn it off - I have an HP Photosmart and I have looked in printer "properties" and "printing preferences" but can't see anything to help.

northumbria61 14:30 10 Oct 10

There is also a HP "Phone Assist" click here which may be quicker in sorting your problem. (I assume you have registered the product)

woodchip 17:22 10 Oct 10

Check Printer settings from Start/Settings/Printers right click the Printer then Properties check all settings with care so you do not miss one

Sea Urchin 17:34 10 Oct 10

Try going to the Printer and Faxes folder - right click on an empty space and select Server Properties - then Advanced tab. Uncheck anything related to activity logging.

jack 16:25 11 Oct 10

I now have the 'Cranky one back' and have been poking it is certainly doing strange things so an indepth prod I guess is required
Woody
Nothing in properties that lists activity report to make or break
Sea Urchin
Ditto Server properties -nothing to control activity.

I have connected it up and as a test loaded word document that ended with my E-mail address
It went and printed the E-mail address in blue and that is all
the main document is totally missing.

woodchip 17:14 11 Oct 10

Have you tried the latest drivers for the printer? old ones could have a bug. Before loading new drivers clear out all old software and driver from PC and regedit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…