HP printer/scanner insists on printing activity

jack 11:04 10 Oct 10

Report with every job.
My daughter had a HP PSC1317 Allinone giver her- because it 'acting up'for the owner.
She in turn passed it me and I got it going- except for the fact it would print an 'Activity' report sheet after every computer generated job.
I scanned and printed off line just fine.
She being a teasher which entails a lot of 'Home work' of reports and the like and because she is a sort of enviromentally conscious sort of lady- got fed up with the waste of paper and ink- she concluded that this was part of the machines 'krankinesas' and decided to get new.
Her new machine is also an HP- don't know the model- but it too insists on printing an activity report after each run.
How can it be stopped from doing this?

northumbria61 14:18 10 Oct 10

"Her new machine is also an HP- don't know the model- but it too insists on printing an activity report after each run".

As this is a new machine I would suggest you contact HP Customer Support or look through the "troubleshooting information"

It is something within the printer software but I am not sure at this current time how you would turn it off - I have an HP Photosmart and I have looked in printer "properties" and "printing preferences" but can't see anything to help.

northumbria61 14:30 10 Oct 10

There is also a HP "Phone Assist" click here which may be quicker in sorting your problem. (I assume you have registered the product)

woodchip 17:22 10 Oct 10

Check Printer settings from Start/Settings/Printers right click the Printer then Properties check all settings with care so you do not miss one

Sea Urchin 17:34 10 Oct 10

Try going to the Printer and Faxes folder - right click on an empty space and select Server Properties - then Advanced tab. Uncheck anything related to activity logging.

jack 16:25 11 Oct 10

I now have the 'Cranky one back' and have been poking it is certainly doing strange things so an indepth prod I guess is required
Woody
Nothing in properties that lists activity report to make or break
Sea Urchin
Ditto Server properties -nothing to control activity.

I have connected it up and as a test loaded word document that ended with my E-mail address
It went and printed the E-mail address in blue and that is all
the main document is totally missing.

woodchip 17:14 11 Oct 10

Have you tried the latest drivers for the printer? old ones could have a bug. Before loading new drivers clear out all old software and driver from PC and regedit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…