H.P. Printer and tech support

Blubottle 12:54 08 Mar 11

I'm trying to reset the ink level indicator on my Deskjet F4580 I have used an HP original cartridge but the level indicator does not reset. Trying to contact H.P. tech support via email is useless, telephone is just as bad, what an awful company to deal with, has anyone got a working email link to HP ?
regards

gengiscant 13:22 08 Mar 11

I to have found that HP support to be terrible even though I used the online webform to ask for help.
I gave up and sorted eventually the problem myself.
Is this any help with reset:click here

rdave13 13:30 08 Mar 11

Another suggestion is to clean the copper contact, scroll down to, Issue: The Attention light and one or both of the Ink Level indicator lights blink
click here

compumac 13:39 08 Mar 11

Regretfully I also found HP HelpLine(?) more than totally useless. I had to just keep sending e-mails daily and after a considerable period of time/months they supplied a new printer (twice)

Blubottle 15:29 08 Mar 11

Compunac.
were did you send your emails to? can you give me the email address,
regards

woodchip 15:31 08 Mar 11

Looks like you need a Epson

Blubottle 15:34 08 Mar 11

Been there, seen it, bought it, got fed up with blockages, binned it/them (5 years ago) Canon, Brother (sigh), now HP 4 months seems ok apart from my OP.

xania 15:44 08 Mar 11

Using new Brother at work. Printer refused to work late last week. Phoned help desk and after some pressure got them to accept that the printer is faulty and is now being collected under warrantly. But, most importantly, every time I phoned, I got through with minimal effort. 08444 999444, but try not to ring at lunch time!!

Blubottle 15:47 08 Mar 11

Xania,
thanks but I'm really interested in HP.

961 15:57 08 Mar 11

The printers work but since the advent of W7 much of this "how much remains in your cartridge" has gone the way of Monthy Python and his parrot

Why worry? Just keep a spare black and spre colour cartridge for when they run out

Remember this software often suggested you replace a cartridge yonks before it was empty

As for HP support.........y..a..w..n

woodchip 16:05 08 Mar 11

HP Driver Support as always been Rubbish for Printers.

That cannot be said about Epson, Epson are okay as long as you keep using them but if you start with blocked jets then its a problem. That's one of the reasons I have Colour and Mono Lasers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now