HP printer refusing to print

Vittorio 01:25 27 Mar 06

Have I damaged my printer? I have an HP 1210 all-in-one, which has been fine. The paper jammed slightly while attempting a single page print, and I pulled the stuck pages back through the rollers. A 'a jammed message came up,but I couldn't find any paper in the back of the machine. Now, when I try to print, the printer ignores the command, or runs several pages through blank. The control panel shows:
On/Resume : constant green light
Check Paper: flashing red
Copies: E

Also, when I try to put the computer on standby, a message comes up: "The service 'Print Spooler' is preventing the machine from entering standby. Try stopping the service and try again.'" I have no idea how to stop the service. Any assistance gratefully received.

mgmcc 09:03 27 Mar 06

Try switching the printer off *AND* unplugging the mains lead for a few minutes to see if that 'resets' it. I have an HP PSC 1215 and its paper feed is a disaster area! Other than that it is a delight for printing scanning & copying.

<<< "The service 'Print Spooler' is preventing the machine from entering standby. Try stopping the service and try again.'" I have no idea how to stop the service. >>>

Right click "My Computer" and select Manage. In the Computer Management window that opens, click the [+] beside Services and Applications to expand it and then highlight Services. In the right pane, scroll down to Print Spooler, double click it and, in its Properties, click "Stop". Click "OK" in the Properties box to close it. Now reboot the PC which will automatically restart the Print Spooler, but there should no longer be any outstanding jobs in the Print Queue.

Stuartli 09:59 27 Mar 06

Also check if there is a printer icon in the Notification (Taskbar) area - if so you should be able to cancel the printing by double clicking the icon.

rmcqua 10:20 27 Mar 06

but in my experience, pulling jammed paper backwards through printers is one of the surest ways of sending them to their maker! I hope the suggestions offered above work for you, but I think you should be prepared for the worst.

WhiteTruckMan 12:45 27 Mar 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…