HP Printer Problem

xoc 19:56 23 Apr 03

Have problem with HP 690c Deskjet, which started when I changed a Black ink cartridge.
The Cartridge is one of the re cycled ones.
Tried everything including deleting all printers and re-installed from my HD, and then with original disks to no avail.
Upper light is flashing continuosly, and when I try in the troubleshooter to test comm get message that this can't be done because printer is busy.
Could it be the Non HP cartidge?
have used them before with no problem
Any ideas welcome.

Kapu 20:12 23 Apr 03

Hi xoc
I had the same problem with the HP deskjet 740, mine turned out to be a faulty ink cartridge. That was also a recycled one, I exchanged the cartridge for another one, and everything worked ok

lester1 22:11 23 Apr 03

Same problem here with a deskjet 840 only mine would not accept "Genuine" HP carts.I could refil the originals OK so I stayed with refilling until I got sick and bought a Canon.

The general consensus from the forum was

only buy genuine carts
If a genuine cart will not work return it to the shop for an exchange.

Hope this helps

xoc 22:38 23 Apr 03

Thanks to you both for your contribution.
Have proved how right you were by fitting back the empty cart upon which everything worked perfectly. I've learnt my lesson!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…