HP printer problem

TommyRed 16:30 09 Nov 05

I've got a HP1210 PSC, yesterday somebody came round whose PC was up the swannee to print off a document. An error came up, telling me to replace the tri-colour cartridge, which I duly ordered from Choice. I was able to print the document for my friend using just the black cartridge in reserve mode. Today the same error has come up referring to the black cartridge, is there any way to resolve this? I've unplugged the leads and restarted but the same thing happens, any ideas before I go to Tesco and buy a new printer. TIA TR

TommyRed 17:41 09 Nov 05

^

TommyRed 19:05 09 Nov 05

^

sinbad1 19:38 09 Nov 05

go to hpo director click on settings, then print setting,then print toolbox to see how much ink is left , if they are empty then you will need replacements.

sinbad1 19:45 09 Nov 05

Also in toolbox you are able to clean print cartridges and test print, if not empty.

TommyRed 21:51 09 Nov 05

Seem to have it copying black text and it feeds the paper through ok going to try printing again in black. TR

sinbad1 22:53 09 Nov 05

I assume your tricolour cartridge is empty and your black cartridge still has some ink.Usually the tricolour will run out before the black cartridge will.

I refuse to pay the high prices for the originals,and get mine filled at cartridge world at a fraction of the price.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…