HP Printer problem

Chegs ® 05:50 17 Apr 05

I have an HP 843c printer.Its given very good service for several years,but has suddenly decided to select what it wants for printing. :-)

I can print a test page(from its driver software)I can print ANY Adobe.pdf file,I can print a picture.

I cannot print a M$ Word/Notepad (text only) page,the printer goes thru the motions,but nothing is actually printed.

GB Mobo.

1Gb DDR

XP Pro(SP1)

I have tried deleting the LPT1 port and rebooting,reinstalled the HP drivers(incase XP Pro's own had become corrupted)Deleted the Adobe Acrobat printers,and uninstalled Adobe Readers.

Any suggestions gratefully received,as its beaten me why its started happening.

Chegs ® 12:18 17 Apr 05

Boing!

^wave^ 12:29 17 Apr 05

dont see what the difference is if it prints it should print all docs have you deleted the printer and its software and then reinstaled it.

john-232317 15:23 17 Apr 05

Some times my HP printer used to throw a wobbly. I cured it a couple of times by shutting down, undoing lead rebooting, shutting down, putting lead back in and rebooting. Dont ask me why but you know what puters are like ;-)

woodchip 15:31 17 Apr 05

As in other Forum I think you need to repair Office

Chegs ® 15:57 17 Apr 05

I have been busy.I have uninstalled the HP/XP drivers,and reinstalled them.The XP driver,prints no text but the pics when printing the "Test" pages.The HP driver prints test pages correctly.I removed Adobe/Office and the results were the same.

I then reinstalled the OS(XP Pro to XP Home)and soon as it had all the hardware drivers installed reran the print tests.The result was exactly the same(no text/just pics,XP driver|text/pics,HP driver)but a .txt document just sets the printer off "going thru the motions" but not actually printing anything.

From the above,I would presume its a driver problem,but I have done ALL I could think of.

Any further suggestions please?

woodchip 15:59 17 Apr 05

Try SFC with windows disc in it May be a windows file that's corrupt

woodchip 16:00 17 Apr 05

Could it Be the Black Cart that's not working

Chegs ® 16:06 17 Apr 05

"Could it Be the Black Cart that's not working"

Then it wouldn't print the text part of the "test" pages.

I tried SFC with XP Pro,before I removed it and installed XP Home.

DieSse 16:07 17 Apr 05

woodchip - you beat me to that suggestion! (black not working)

DieSse 16:09 17 Apr 05

Try printing a picture, but with the driver set to print in black/greyshades only.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…