//some 3rd party need geo

HP printer - photosmart 7350 - driver trouble

donbee 23:14 08 Jun 04

Recently I had to re-install WinXP, and everything else of course. Now, when I start up I get the message "unable to start HPHipm11.exe", then when I click the 'OK'on the message the HP photosmart 7350 printer seems to work. I have re-installed the printer software from the CD three times, then I downloaded a version from the HP website, in case my CD was damaged, and installed that twice. But all these efforts have made no difference. How can I get rid of this. Don

hugh-265156 00:28 09 Jun 04

click here

try this: click 'start/run' and type msconfig and click the start up tab and if there is a reference to HPHipm11.exe here untick it and restart the computer.tick the 'dont show again box at restart'

do you still get this error and does the printer still work?

if it gives problems after doing the above just go back and tick it again.

donbee 16:39 09 Jun 04

Thank you Huggyg71. Unfortunately I did not find that file in the Msconfig startup. There are two other HP files there, HPHmon04 and HPHupd04. Do you or any one have any other ideas? Donbee

hugh-265156 22:51 09 Jun 04

really sorry,i have no idea donbee.im sure somebody here will have the answer so will just bump this back up for you.

on second thoughts,just in case it may help,have a look in:

start/control panel/administrative tools/event viewer

click on the system and application tabs and see if there are any errors listed here (marked with a red x) that relate to the printer problem. check out any other errors here also and click the links for more info maybe.

donbee 00:21 13 Jun 04

Thank you again Huggyg71 - but again no answer to the problem. Since last message I have tried all your suggestions again plus have put in a new usb cable, have disabled (temporarily) Zone Alarm, but I still get the after start message that Hphipm11.exe will not start - but when I click the 'ok' then the printer seems to work OK? I have also re-installed once more from the disk and from a download from HP - the website says my software is up to date? What else is there?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…