HP Printer Ink Levels

Old_Nick 18:52 13 Nov 06

Soon after fitting two new ink cartridges to a HP Photosmart 8450, I recieved a message saying part used cartridges fitted and the ink levels in the ink monitor showed empty.

After fitting a new grey cart the ink level for that were normal, but the other two still displayed empty, which they clearly are not.

Is there any way short of fitting new cartridges to get an indication of the current state of the two colour inks

jack 19:22 13 Nov 06

Does this prevent the printer functioning?
Ink status monitors are simply electronic guesses based on the number sheets put through the machine.
I do not think[I could be wrong -stuff changes so much]the Ink monitor software actually knowns how much ink you have- can you override or disable this function?

spuds 19:26 13 Nov 06

Leave the cartridges in the printer, and run the printer until the cartridges are truly empty. Ignore the message.

handy4x 21:43 13 Nov 06

are they compatable cartriges or refills as this can show empty if the chip has not been re set
you could send them back but as other posts say just use them with the anoying mesages

jack 19:28 14 Nov 06

If there carts are chipped then a chip zapper is available for a few pounds- most ink form sell them - try click here for example
This resets the cart.
There is a use free utility for Epson machines
the ssc I wonder of there is an HP equivalent?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced