HP Printer D1470 and internet options

lufbra 11:58 16 Dec 08

When I first had this printer I could Pick out an area on a website so that it could be printed. I seem to have lost this useful capability. Anyone Know why?

recap 12:05 16 Dec 08

Check for the latest driver for your printer.

Sea Urchin 12:12 16 Dec 08

When you go to File menu and select "Print" your options in Print Range should be:

All

Pages from xx to xx

Selection

Selection will be greyed out until you highlight something on a webpage - are you saying that Selection is no longer showing at all?

lufbra 13:24 16 Dec 08

i get the screen and selection is greyed out but how do I then highlight something. What used to happen was that the part I highlighted was surrounded by a box which you could make larger or smaller

recap 13:53 16 Dec 08

You could try the following:
Left click at the beginning of the text/graphic that you want to print, scroll to the end hold the shift key down and left click again. All the required text/graphic should now be highlighted. Right click in the highlighted area and select print.

lufbra 14:49 16 Dec 08

I can highlight in that way but it used to surround the selection with a box which you could adjust to any size or shape you wanted. Now it simply blues out the selection

recap 20:20 16 Dec 08

Uninstall the software and driver then click here and download the software and drivers.

To install the software click here

recap 20:21 16 Dec 08

Sorry that should read "To uninstall the software"

Sea Urchin 23:42 16 Dec 08

I know in Excel that you can select the Print Area from the File menu and print from that - but I'm not aware that you could ever do that in IE

lufbra 17:03 17 Dec 08

to recap
I will try that but I have something I MUST print out on Friday and I don't want the printer to go wrong

lufbra 17:14 17 Dec 08

I tried to use the diagnostic tool but the "click here" thing disappears before your eyes

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now