HP Printer cartridge not compatable?

pittza 12:57 18 Apr 09

Hi, I have a new HP deskjet F4280 all in one printer, I have just refilled both original cartridges (as the children are getting through loads of ink with homework) and they both worked fine for the first print but now the colour one is not being recognised as compatable even though its the original HP cartridge! I have cleaned everything as says the troubleshooter but with no luck, any ideas please? thanks Pitza

wee eddie 14:54 18 Apr 09

The Cartridges are probably "Chipped" and you will need to get a "Device" to "re-set" the Chip.

I think that I saw one in Morrisons ~ If that is so, then most of the Supermarkets will have them!

Pamy 17:40 18 Apr 09

If genuine HP cart, go back to them

laurie53 19:54 18 Apr 09

Double post

click here

Terry Brown 14:29 19 Apr 09

It could be as simple as ink 'leaking' as you have recently re-filled the cartridges.

Remove the cartridges and with a piece of tissue carefully wipe the cartridge around the electrical and ink jet area's.

With a cotton bud (or similar) wipe the internal area of the cartridge holder where the ink and electrical connections (Turn off printer first).

You can (at your own risk) use a solution like flash liquid, on your tissue /cotton bud--BUT it must be just damp-NOT wet to assist the cleaning.

The next time you refill a cartridge, leave it to stand at least 24 hours before inserting it into he printer
Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…