HP printer Cancel all Documents not working

dolphinaber 08:25 14 Oct 08

I have a HP 9800 which now has a queue of items waiting to be printed. I used to be able to click on `cancel all documents`and they would be deleted. Now however where the `cancel all documents`is it is not highlighted so unable to do this. Is there please a simple way of getting this back.

laurie53 08:31 14 Oct 08

Not sure where it is "highlighted" but on my HP delete all docs is available by right clicking the relevant printer in the Printers and Faxes folder, and using the drop down menus.

dolphinaber 09:00 14 Oct 08

Thanks for reply. When I click on the printer icon in the botton task bar a drop down menu from which I would use to cancel all documents to remove the queue of printer jobs which are not printing. Where I should click on is showing but not highlighted so I cant click on it to get rid of printing jobs. Not all that clear !Hope it helps

dolphinaber 17:06 14 Oct 08

No its plugged straight into the usb socket although I have a Netgear to get on line which is plugged in.

dolphinaber 21:54 14 Oct 08

Forgot to mention that I am using Vista and of course I cant print anything because they just add another one to the queue when I try.

sanchoPanza 21:58 14 Oct 08

does hp have a reset to default within the software?

provider 2 22:41 14 Oct 08

Have you "double-clicked" the printer icon?

click here

sajeev 02:35 17 Oct 08

This is a simple problem so please try the following steps:
Go to Start-Control Panel- Adminstrative Tools-Services (not Component Services).
In the Services window, scroll down the long list till you come to Print Spooler.Select by clicking on it.
Note the word "Started" in the same line as Print Spooler.That shows that the printer started on your job, but for some reason did not finish.
On the top of the same page (on your left) you will see "Stop the service".
Click on this and a progress bar will appear and then disappear.
Now at the top of the page you will see "Start the service".
Click on this and a progress bar will appear and then disappear.
Close all the open windows, go back to your printer and try printing.
It should work and when it does, print this message, so that you can use it if you do get this trouble again.
Good luck.
Sajeev

dolphinaber 08:18 17 Oct 08

Thanks for all of your replies and Sajeev I got as far as the services window but no Print Spooler in that list. Things like Printers, Programs and Features, System etc so I guess Im in the right place.
Funnily enough it has started printing again so Im not having to use the `Cancel all documents` at the moment, however I notice that in the window where it comes up it is still not highlighted along with the update driver, pause printing and use printer off line. So nothing to click on if I should need any of them.

Thanks again for all your help.

dolphinaber 08:18 17 Oct 08

Thanks for all of your replies and Sajeev I got as far as the services window but no Print Spooler in that list. Things like Printers, Programs and Features, System etc so I guess Im in the right place.
Funnily enough it has started printing again so Im not having to use the `Cancel all documents` at the moment, however I notice that in the window where it comes up it is still not highlighted along with the update driver, pause printing and use printer off line. So nothing to click on if I should need any of them.

Thanks again for all your help.

Wak 16:42 17 Oct 08

I had similar problems with an HP F380.
If you go to the HP web site and download the "HP Print Diagnostic Utility" this will help you to remove the unwanted entries.
This may also help with future problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…