hp printer and aol conflict-need a solution!

JEFoord 22:47 30 Jul 03

Hi
i have recently installed a new hp 7550 printer. since then my aol connection has gone mad. sometimes i get on ok(like now)and other times i cant connect or if i do, i get disconnected. Ihave uninstalled the printer software and drivers and aol and reinstalled them but no difference.I have the lastest driver for my printer(hp photosmart 7550)so cant update that.i have added more ram-no change.something is going on but i cant figure out what as all was well before new printer was installed.have any of you had the same problem or can offer me advice? I have called aol lots of times but they are useless and hp dont want to know. i feel i've tried everything but you never know you may be able to help.anything has to be worth a try, it is really getting on my tits now cos surfing the net takes longer than my wife takes to get ready for an evening out.and let me tell you, thats a long time! printer does work fine though, but i use the net alot. if you can help me i would really appreciate it.
Thanks, John

woodchip 22:57 30 Jul 03

Files have been changed by the HP printer that's why you are having trouble with AOL restore point or going back to earlier registry may get rid but I doubt it . It a case of which files it?s changed

Steven135 22:57 30 Jul 03

What operating system and version of AOL are you using?

Mango Grummit 23:02 30 Jul 03

If both your printer and your modem are USB connections then it is a lack of power problem.

JEFoord 23:02 30 Jul 03

i run windows 98 on 450mhz pentium 3 128mb ram.
i was running aol 8.0, unistalled that and reinstalled aol 7.0 in case it mad a difference, but no!

JEFoord 23:05 30 Jul 03

modem is internal on port com2,printer is usb so should not be that causing the problem i think?

Djohn 23:10 30 Jul 03

I'm running XP Pro. AOL8 dial up and HP7350 printer! All work fine together with no conflicts.

After un-install of printer software, does AOL work? also your printer is USB powered, did you install printer software before connecting printer, very important to do it this way. j.

Mango Grummit 23:10 30 Jul 03

You are right. If modem is not usb then that's not the answer.

Sorry can't help in this case. Very strange conflict ISP & printer. You have already done what I would do.

JEFoord 23:15 30 Jul 03

i didnt take much notice of weather aol worked after uninstalling printer software. i definatel installed printer ok. followed instruction to the letter.

Djohn 23:20 30 Jul 03

My 7350 shows as a printer in "Printer hardware" but also shows as a removable drive in "MY Computer" because of card readers. I assume the 7550 is the same. The software for the printer has 5 separate programs to install, one of them is to place an Icon on the desktop to give internet access to HP photo lab. Wondering if this may be causing the problem for JEFoord. j.

Mango Grummit 23:22 30 Jul 03

Just a final thought. The conflict could be between the printer and something else, rather than the ISP. This conflict could then be disturbing your connection.

Good luck with this, M

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…