HP Presario CQ50-110EM

450223 06:46 AM 12 Nov 12

This laptop switches on then just hangs before boot string. the screen is just blank/Black. I have took it of mains and off battery and have cleared BIOS. The HDD is fine (I have blanked it on another laptop). I would like to try and sort this out my self please, I don't have the money to take it in somewhere.

450223 08:38 AM 12 Nov 12

Can't set a boot order as the screen is blank/Black the fan is running. I will take a look to see if any usb pins are bent, I will try pluging in a monitor or pluging into the HDMI socket

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:20 PM 12 Nov 12

Is it set for external monitor? try cycling through the FN+ F key (with blue square) F5 on my Tosiba.

Pause between presses as it cycles between LCD screen both and external only but take time to change.

Try plugging in an external monitor / TV that will tell you if its a screen problem or graphics chip.

If screen proble then either backlight or invertor can you see anything on the screen if you shine a bright light on it?

450223 05:29 AM 01 Jan 13

Got it sorted now many thanks

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites