hp photosmart card reader

Pidder 18:32 15 Oct 03

I have an HP Photosmart 7260 printer, just acquired, and have used the card reader in it to transfer photos from an SD card to my PC running Windows 98 SE. They transfer o.k. but on switching off the printer before removing the card the PC freezes, necessitating several Contr. Alt. Dels, or a switch off and reboot.Scandisc then runs. Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong please.

pepe 18:37 15 Oct 03

I have a Photosmart 1215, and I don't turn it off to remove the card, I just pull it out. This works OK for me.

Djohn 18:45 15 Oct 03

As pepe says, remove the card while your printer is still switched on. Turning off the printer is disconnecting the card drive while it's still in use and Will most likely be the cause of the crash. j.

Djohn 18:45 15 Oct 03

As pepe says, remove the card while your printer is still switched on. Turning off the printer is disconnecting the card drive while it's still in use and Will most likely be the cause of the crash. j.

Pidder 18:47 15 Oct 03

Pepe Just afraid of ruining the card by pulling out while switched on. Presume you have no problems.

Djohn 18:50 15 Oct 03

I used to do the same with my HP 7350. IE: Insert/remove the card/s while printer still turned on. No harm will come to printer or card, and is the correct way to do it.

Pidder 19:00 15 Oct 03

Hi both. Tried it. Problem solved. Many thanks.

Djohn 19:09 15 Oct 03

Your welcome, from both of us. ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…