HP Photosmart C6300 Wireless Connection Problem

BigHenry 16:38 26 Apr 09

I have a new HP6300. It is installed on my PC and the printer picks this up correctly. I cannot however get it to print fom the PC using the wireless connection. The PC picks up the printer on a scan but still nowt.
I have AVG 8.5 and even when I disable the firewall it still does not print. Do I have to configure the AVG in someway or am I missing a Trick. The Printer Control Panel shows online also and I have set it to share.
It is a great printer but as I want to print from my main PC and laptop I do not want to connect it with a cable.
If you can help I would be most grateful
Henry Chicken

woodchip 17:17 26 Apr 09

If running XP use the Network Wizard in Control Panel, you need the Printer and any computers you are going to use turned on when running the above

BigHenry 19:13 26 Apr 09

Dear Woodchip
I am on Vista Premium

woodchip 20:16 26 Apr 09

It still as a Network Wizard in the Control Panel, buy its harder to find, look under Networking Icon on the left. Or right click in the Box and choose Classic mode to see it and under view in menu choose icons something on those lines

woodchip 20:52 26 Apr 09

Should be "But not Buy" need some new Glasses

laurie53 07:56 27 Apr 09

HP software notoriously flakey with wireless mode.

I can print wirelessly from two laptops but not from my desktop, even after several reinstalls and long phonecalls with Tech Support.

No help to you I'm afraid, but the only way I got round it in the end was a wired connection.

HP is good value for money but their software is awful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac