HP Photosmart C4380

old48 11:03 14 Nov 10

I'm having trouble loading the software for this all in one. I am running Win7 home Premium, the software I used when I ran Win Vista worked fine. I removed it and tried to install the software from HP all 312Mb of it. They tell me I have the correct software and when I run their diagnostics for the scanner it seems that it is partially installed, but I get no solution center either. The printer prints OK tho' I suspect that is thanks to Microsoft's built in drivers rather than HP's drivers. Has anyone else had the same problem and found a solution?

BRYNIT 11:19 14 Nov 10

Have you downloaded the correct driver?

If you are using Win7 64bit you need the 64bit drivers.

Try uninstalling the software/drivers rebooting computer and then reinstalling. When reinstalling do not connect printer until it asks.

bremner 11:37 14 Nov 10

I too use this software.

I have W7 64 bit. The software is 32 bit, only the printer and scanner drivers are 64 bit.

As your printer works it appears to have loaded the drivers, (W7 does not have C4380 drivers)

If a reinstall as suggested by BRYNIT is unsuccessful I think you need to ensure your download was not corrupted.

morddwyd 19:50 14 Nov 10

Once you have had a partial or unsuccessful install of HP software a normal uninstall leaves enough garbage behind behind to make any attempted reinstall fail.

You need to do an L3 uninstall.

Load your HP software disk but don't let it run.

Navigate to \util\ccc\uninstall_L3.bat and run it.

You can't get to this file from a downloaded update - you have to use the original disc.

Then look for any HP dross that is left and delete it.

The printer will print perfectly well without the HP software being installed. I print from two laptops without any software loaded, but for all the extra functions you need the software.

If you haven't already got it the full up to date download is available here

click here

old48 17:26 15 Nov 10

Thank you all for your replies. Yes I downloaded and ran the Win7 32bit driver but that didn't work. I tried morddwyd's cure and I removed all reference to HP using windows explorer, I even went into the registry and removed some stuff there all to no avail. I can scan and print using Microsoft's print command and scan using paint, but I would like to use the full range of HP software for cleaning heads etc. After trying to re-install the correct software I cannot find any reference to HP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac