HP Photosmart c3180 printer/scanner

Bribabby 20:38 PM 17 Sep 11

Can anyone help with my problem, I have the above machine and although there is paper correctly lined up in it, it persists in telling me there is no paper. I assume that somewhere on the paper feeder there must be a sensor to see the paper. Is this a common problem and can it be sorted by the average guy?. I have just bought and installed new ink cartridges and am loth to junk the machine which wouldn't you know it is out of guarantee!!!

Woolwell 21:27 PM 17 Sep 11

Suggest that work through this starting with a hard reset Hp Support

northumbria61 21:28 PM 17 Sep 11

Have a read through this - you may find the solution enter link description here

spuds 23:05 PM 17 Sep 11

I have one of these printers, and when it started to go wrong I contacted HP support. They were very helpful in the beginning, but were unable to resolve the problems so I retired the item.

Would mention that HP suggested using a different firmware from their range of printers, they never explained why, but it seemed to work.

In the end it was cheaper to get a replacement printer with new warranty, than trying to spend time in attempting a final repair. If you have new cartridges, then perhaps look at a similar printer that will accommodate the cartridges!.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…