HP Photosmart B209 - Running Out of Ink

AndrewSmith259 23:35 02 Oct 10

Just bought an HP Photosmart B209 printer from Comet for 89.99 .

I have just set it up and put in 3 X new colour ink cartridges and 1 X new black ink cartridge. I have printed 2 10x15cm glossy photos and about 12 sheets of A4 paper with a bit of colour printing on most sheets, and now when I check the ink cartridges - the Magenta and Blue cartridges indicate that they are nearly empty and the yellow is about 40% full. The Black cartridge is about 80% full. They are genuine HP ink cartridges which came with the printer.

I also had to run the Head clean option a couple of times, because some of the black ink printing was a bit distorted on a few lines per page. Running the Head Clean option does not appear to have resolved the black ink printing problem either.

Is this normal for this type of printer?

Could there be a fault with the printer?

I cannot afford to keep replacing cartridges at this rate.

My old printer was an Epson Stylus Photo 900 which took just one colour cartridge and one black cartridge. I only had to replace them every 6 to 9 months and got far more printing out of those Epson cartridges.

woodchip 23:53 02 Oct 10

Sounds like you first need to Calibrate the Heads to print correctly, as for ink it sounds like you have bought a duffer

jaraba 00:44 03 Oct 10

Sometimes the inks supplied with a printer are of half the capacity of the normal ones.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…