HP Photosmart b110a - Will not Scan, but prints fine

Guady 22 Apr 12

I hope someone can help me! I have tried to scan a document today - first time for a while - and it won't work. I get a message that a scanner is not installed! However, this is an All in One, sireless Printer / Scanner and the printer is working fine. I have tried looking on the HP site but it wasn't any help at all. I thought I'd ask for advice because I don't want to try something myself and then find that I've lost printing as well. Does anyone have any suggestions, please? I can only imagine that something has gone wrong during one of HP's updates or similar. Please help! (I use Windows 7)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22 Apr 12

I would try reinstalling the drivers for the device

northumbria61 22 Apr 12

Have a look here enter link description here

Guady 23 Apr 12

Thanks for your replies. The problem seems to be solved. I tried the Diagnostic Tool but it said it wasn't properly installed, so I put in the original disk and went from there. It seemed eventually to be something to do with the Shortcuts - so I re-set up a couple of these and that seems to have solved the problem. Would like to thank you for your help.

northumbria61 23 Apr 12

Don't forget to mark this as Resolved.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

See 24 hours in London with Paul Richardson's hyperlapse tour

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message