HP Photosmart b110a - Will not Scan, but prints fine

Guady 10:29 AM 22 Apr 12

I hope someone can help me! I have tried to scan a document today - first time for a while - and it won't work. I get a message that a scanner is not installed! However, this is an All in One, sireless Printer / Scanner and the printer is working fine. I have tried looking on the HP site but it wasn't any help at all. I thought I'd ask for advice because I don't want to try something myself and then find that I've lost printing as well. Does anyone have any suggestions, please? I can only imagine that something has gone wrong during one of HP's updates or similar. Please help! (I use Windows 7)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:27 AM 22 Apr 12

I would try reinstalling the drivers for the device

northumbria61 15:29 PM 22 Apr 12

Have a look here enter link description here

Guady 08:22 AM 23 Apr 12

Thanks for your replies. The problem seems to be solved. I tried the Diagnostic Tool but it said it wasn't properly installed, so I put in the original disk and went from there. It seemed eventually to be something to do with the Shortcuts - so I re-set up a couple of these and that seems to have solved the problem. Would like to thank you for your help.

northumbria61 08:32 AM 23 Apr 12

Don't forget to mark this as Resolved.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED