hp photosmart

greyballs 13:18 01 Jan 09

hi just bought a new machine with vista home prem and i want to install my printer that i used with my old machine xp,but just looking at the instalation disc it reads 98,Me,2000,xp.
no mention of vista .i bought the printer 18mts ago,so my question is will it run on vista or is my 18mths old printer redundant ? any ideas.

sorry if its a silly question but i am fed up of doing silly things as you can see on my post
re truecrypt

Sea Urchin 13:26 01 Jan 09

Download the Vista driver for your model from here and install the printer

click here

greyballs 13:57 01 Jan 09

thanks for that i can not try till after tea now but will let you know how i get on. do i need to download a new driver befor i run the instalation disc ?

nearly forgot
happy new year to you.

greyballs 13:59 01 Jan 09

sorry i think you have already answered that !

greyballs 16:48 01 Jan 09

just looked through your link,and think i found the download,but it recomended the d/l was to big for dial up(56k) yep thats me.so i will somehow have to order a new disc ?.
thanks any way sea urchin.

Sea Urchin 17:05 01 Jan 09

I've been out - didn't realize you were on dial-up which makes it more difficult. Which is your model of Photosmart?

Pineman100 17:39 01 Jan 09

Have you got a friend on broadband who could download the HP file and put it on to a CD or flash drive for you to transfer on to your computer?

greyballs 18:00 01 Jan 09

hi its 2575
so simply the disc that i have is only any good with xp or earlier

greyballs 18:04 01 Jan 09

hi well yes i suppose that could be an idea
(ill send you a, s a e)

Sea Urchin 20:19 01 Jan 09

I have the driver/software for the HP Photosmart 2575 on disk. If you would like to email me via the yellow envelope I can arrange to send it to you.

I shall be away all day tomorrow (Friday), but will check my messages in the evening.

Sea Urchin 00:27 02 Jan 09

Thanks for the mail - I will post the disk tomorrow

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5