Hp Pavillion zd8480ea alternatives?

second best 15:16 14 Dec 08

Hi. i've hadthe above for 3 yrs in april. I'ts been great despite some review, solid as a rock, however of late, it has been overheating while prossessing RAW files, and now seemingly while only browsing the tinterweb.

My question though, is what would you advise as a possible replacement for this machine?

It is very powerful with it's P4 3.4 chip. Hard drive is slow, but other than that, it does exactly whay it says on the tin, though the fan runs constantly from startup.

I have it with RentSmart. I owe another 2 payments of £66 then they have given me the option of purchasing it for a further £200, which at this piont i'm reluctant to do?

Any ideas.

Thanks

second best 15:26 14 Dec 08

Actually 3 payments.

Would it be worth holding on and seeing what i can get it for at end of lease, or keeping it anyway, and upgrading (if possible) HDD.

Also, i'm looking myself now, is it capable of running Vista, and if so, is it worth getting if my macnie is so stable, apart from the over heating bit.

I have full insurance, which i will be taking advantage of to remedy the overheating, but not till early new year.

second best 15:28 14 Dec 08

Or even a solid desktop replacement. Only really need to be as poweful as this laptop, but with today's dual core, are they actually as efficient, fast and powerful as the P4 3.4??

wiz-king 15:33 14 Dec 08

Probably full of dust!
Look at the air intake grill, if it is full of dust and fluff then you could consider giving the machine a good clean out.

click here for a guide, or look on the web for other guides.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…