hp pavillion mobo asus A7V8X-LA

stevediggo 12:43 20 Jan 07

I have th asus A7V8X-LA amd2800+ but it has broken and i want to replace the board,due to the back up operating system, can anyone tell me where i can get one of these boards or if it is possible to use the full recovery programme of hp on another socket A board that caim pr installed as i cannot find them anywhere

howard64 10:28 21 Jan 07

I would think that any asus socket a board would work with your back up disk but until you find one and try it you will never know. It might be that the backup disk would get it going and you could then download drivers for that board. Are you sure that the existing board has died and is unrecoverable? Sometimes other problems make a mobo appear dead.

stevediggo 10:35 21 Jan 07

it all started when installed a new graphics card ATI x1600 series 512mb, i caught the cpu fan with a screwdriver and broke one of the blades, installed a new one also new 500w psu then comp kept failing to start, ie restart from restart option was no problem, but shutting down it would not restart for about an hour so think done some serious board damage ???????

howard64 11:00 21 Jan 07

I would say not board damage but time for you to use the recovery disk and start from scratch.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant