HP Pavillion dv9700 WLAN Disabled

Flopper 13:54 PM 25 Jul 12

I have had to install a fresh HDD and reinstalled Vista (32-bit) Home Premium (not my choice) on the above and the HP Wireless Assistant is saying the WLAN Disabled. In Device Manager there are a few items stating that drivers have not been installed, ie, Ethernet Controller (x 2), SM Bus Controller, Coprocessor and Unknown Device but I installed all the drivers I could find for this on the HP website From what I have read on various forums this is a common problem specific to this model. Has anybody got any experience of this or a fix?

northumbria61 15:57 PM 25 Jul 12

In Device Manager there are a few items stating that drivers have not been installed

Do you have yellow exclamation marks against these items? If so you need to update your drivers.

northumbria61 16:09 PM 25 Jul 12

In Device Manager there are a few items stating that drivers have not been installed

Do you have yellow exclamation marks against these items? If so you need to update your drivers.

The correct Network Driver for you I believe to be an Atheros AR5007 - Take a look in this link enter link description here but try to update via Device Manager first.(right click on your Network Adapter and choose Update Driver Software)

rdave13 16:13 PM 25 Jul 12

Check here for your particular model of
dv9700

northumbria61 16:15 PM 25 Jul 12

Failing the above - Please post the product number for your notebook, which can be found on the same sticker as the serial number.

northumbria61 16:21 PM 25 Jul 12

If I am correct in my thinking there is an Atheros 5007 Network Driver in this LINK for you to try.enter link description here

birdface 16:30 PM 25 Jul 12

Probably nothing to do with it but make sure WLAN in Services is set to automatic and is running.

Flopper 17:13 PM 25 Jul 12

Thanx for all your help. The Atheros driver helped but also rather stupidly I had downloaded and unzipped some drivers but forgot to install one or two so I am not sure what did the trick in the end.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: We're just hours away from the OnePlus 2 l2…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things