HP Pavilion Problem!!!

*Gary* 12:36 21 Jul 07

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me...

In April this year, I bought a HP Pavilion DV9292EU Laptop from 'Comet'.

After a month or so, I started to notice a strange sound coming from the left hinge/joint of the screen attachment (if facing the screen). The right side is fine and sturdy, but the left side feels wobbly and clicks every time I open/close the lid. Although the laptop works fine, this sound is really starting to get on my nerves and I don't want the screen to suddenly break off a few months down the line.

Now I would take the laptop back to Comet, but to be honest, the staff didn't seem very clued up when I bought it, and I don't want it to get damaged when they send it away. Is there anywhere e.g. authorised repair centre, where I can take it to be repaired?

Also, has anybody bought a HP product and bought a 3 year warranty from the 'Sitel' website (which was advertised on the HP website)? It's just that I bought the 3 year warranty, but just haven't been able to register my contract number with the product and despite emailing HP FOUR times, I haven't got a responce. Does anybody know whether it's necessary to do so?

SANTOS7 12:56 21 Jul 07

If you have bought a 3 year warranty then i would use it, any repairs done by a third party will invalidate the whole of the agreement...

crosstrainer 13:48 21 Jul 07

If this might be a lemon. I would take SANTOS's advice, get a replacement.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…