HP Pavilion not connecting to the internet

AA123456 22:04 07 Nov 07

I own a HP Pavilion zd8227EA notebook. I use to connect to the intervet via an ethernet cable then I turned it on and it wouldn't be able to connect to the internet it stuggled to aquire a network address. This was in June and I don't remember updating it after April.

Since then I have installed a Linksys wireless router for the house. We have been able to connect 3 computers wirelessly to it and 1 notebook wired. We have installed a WEP key on it.

The HP still won't connect via the ethernet lead and to begin with wouldn't connect wirelessly. But now it will connect to the network and an icon confirms connection but when I try to access a webpage its a blank screen.

I've had a look at the settings but I can't see anything that looks wronge. I was wondering if anyone would be able to point me in the right direction.

woodchip 22:53 07 Nov 07

Right Click on My Computer\Properties\Hardware\Device Manager Expand Network right click on the Top one for Ethernet Properties\Power Managment, Remove the Tick Allow Windows to turn off to save battery

AA123456 20:42 08 Nov 07

Thanks, I will try that. But what about the wireless network it still is taking ages to aquire the network address and then once connected still not able to open any web pages?
thanks

woodchip 22:29 08 Nov 07

If you are wireless have you put the SSID and Encryption key into your Laptop Wireless Software? You get these from the Router Setup Page.

AA123456 22:53 08 Nov 07

What is the SSID? i have put the network key in and it will occasionally connect but will not open any web pages.

woodchip 22:57 08 Nov 07

click here

Have you or can you get into your Router Setup Page?

AA123456 23:00 08 Nov 07

yes I can access the setup page. Is there something that I need to change?

woodchip 23:04 08 Nov 07

Have a look at how you setup Wireless setings. That is where the SSID and Encryption key is if you set it up

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…