HP Pavilion Hard drive upgrade

tastyboss 21:42 04 Feb 03
  woodchip 21:53 04 Feb 03

If you have a restore disc instead of a Windows Disc that's why as it would not recognize the new disc

Giggle n' Bits 22:06 04 Feb 03

This would render your HP restore disk useless as windows is installed at the Factory and your Restore disk only has the Driver and configuration files NOT Windows.

Changing to a bigger HDD you would need to buy a new Windows but if this was to be done you would need to be carefull if choosing WinXP and your current system configuration like, is your CPU up to the needed requirements and memory 256MB etc.

tastyboss 22:04 05 Feb 03

Does the response mean that I could use a windows 98 disk and tht would solve the problem. I would no longer be able to use the HP restore disk but I could I presume use Norton

woodchip 22:46 05 Feb 03

If you want to go that way it will give you more freedom, win98 click here But do not forget that you will have to download all the drivers for Graphics, Sound, etc Plus any software that was supplied will no longer be available

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…