HP Pavilion dv9074cl wont turn on

hugoboss38 17:57 19 Dec 08

i have a HP Pavilion dv9074cl
when i turn laptop on i get a blank screen then get three beeps then nothing..power light comes on and the touch pad lights all come on plz help

MAJ 18:01 19 Dec 08

Probably a graphics chip problem, not easy to fix on a laptop, even a loose cable to the screen needs someone who knows what they are doing to fix it.

hugoboss38 18:12 19 Dec 08

it turned on ok this morning but nothing since

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:15 19 Dec 08

click here

Remove and refit the memory modules and retry.

Memodules are below flap on underside of machine and relatively easy to remove and refit.

MAJ 18:16 19 Dec 08

It might be helpful to have a read at this page, hugoboss38. click here

curofone 18:18 19 Dec 08

Do you happen to know what bios it is ie AMI, Phoenix, Award? as then it would be very easy to find out what those 3 beeps are and hopefully pin point the problem.

I do dont know how many sticks of ram your machine has it in but if it has more than 1 it might be worth trying it with only one in and pray that is is a RAM failure if not will probably be quite costly to fix

hugoboss38 18:29 19 Dec 08

i tried the memory modules

hugoboss38 18:29 19 Dec 08

i tried the memory modules

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…