HP Pavilion dv6190EU Notebook PC

karlos121 14:17 05 Mar 09

hi, i bought the above laptop at the end of 2006, great laptop, or so i thought. 1st of all it had to be sent back to hp for repair on the sound card. towards the end of last year the wireless card stopped working-went onto hp online chat and did what they said but couldnt get it working. then over christmas my laptop stopped working. when i switch it on the lights and fan starts up, nothing comes up on the screen, then in turns off and back on again-keeps doing this but nothing else. i contacted hp again who said i am over my extended warrenty period so it will not get repaired, but there is a known motherboard fault judging by other forums. as i didnt use it that much i didnt get the fault till it was too late, can anyone advise me what to do-can it be repaired or is it for the bin-thanks

howard64 12:28 06 Mar 09

if it is a common fault then under the sale of goods act an inherant fault does not have a length of time other than 6 years in England and 5 in Scotland. Look it up and then contact HP with comments from other people and see what they say.

karlos121 00:31 07 Mar 09

thank you for the information i will try my luck with that as £800 is a lot to throw away. will let you know the outcome :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017